- The Solcon RVS-DN full featured digital soft starter, incorporates Solcon’s superior startstop characteristics to provide solutions for the most demanding applications. A comprehensive motor protection package guarantees long term reliability, while the robust design ensures excellent performance even in harsh environments.
Get the best 1000V Soft Starter for Your Project
Soft starters are used to ensure the smoothest possible start up for electric motors, reducing mechanical stress and helping to prevent power surges. This helps to prolong the life of the motor, ensures safe and reliable operation, and improves the overall efficiency of the motor start up process.
The development of digital soft starters has made older technologies (slip clutches, for example) obsolete, as the soft starter is much better suited to the task and has a much lower incidence of error.
Our 1000v soft starters are fully compliant with all applicable international standards and Australian standards, so you can buy them with complete confidence that they will do the job consistently and well.
The soft starter we supply is designed to gradually increase the input voltage to the motor in a smooth way, so the motor always starts cleanly and uses only as much current as necessary. It is also user-friendly, with an illuminated LCD display (2×16 char), and two display modes available for basic or advanced applications. The user interface also has a bank of 8 LEDs to show the operational status.
The internal software allows you to quickly retrieve statistical data, so you can monitor how much the motor is in use and how well the current regulation is performing.
How to Get Even More Performance from Your Soft Starter System
If you just install it straight out of the box, the current will continually flow through the starter while the motor is in use. Like all electrical components, the soft starter will generate heat, which means some energy is lost. The solution is to install a bypass contactor, which diverts current away from the starter after start up is completed and isolate the starter from the circuit.
Technical Specifications of the 1000V Soft Starter
Voltage: 1000 VAC (+10% / -15%)
Maximum Operating Temperature: 50°C
Dimensions (H/W/D): 400 x 325 x 300mm
Built-in Protection and Fail-Safes
In order to ensure safe operation and prolong the life of both the soft starter and the motor, the soft starter includes many checks performed internally to detect errors and abnormal conditions. Automatic cut-off and optional alarms can be triggered if:
- Motor insulation drops below preset level.
- Thermistor resistance drops below the preset level.
- Preset maximum start time is exceeded.
- Excessive starts within preset time limit (may lead to excess wear and heat generation).
- Current or voltage exceeds preset limits.
- Current exceeds preset level and thermal register is full.
- Line current or line voltage below preset level within preset time constraints.
- Any phases are missing from 3 phase supply when motor is under load, or phase sequence is wrong.
- Frequency outside acceptable limits (40-66.6Hz).
- Excessive time operating at slow speed (creates wear and heat in the motor).
- Improper connection detected.
- Short circuit detected.
- Excess temperature detected (heat sink temperature >85°C).
- Memory error detected.
- COM port fails.
- MODBUS times out.
Australia’s Best value 1000V Soft Starter is Available Now from CSE Uniserve
If you’re not sure that this is the correct soft starter system for your specific application, CSE Uniserve is here to help. You can contact us for a free consultation, or simply let us know if you have any questions. Our phone number is 1800 987 616.