GE’s Multilin G500, a member of the advanced Multi-function Controller Platform (MCP), offers a high capacity, secure, future-proof, and substation-hardened set of modular and scalable hardware and software components designed to simplify the deployment, operation and maintenance of automation systems.
This advanced hardware platform makes it it possible for a single device to host multiple functions and applications such as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Concentrator, Remote terminal Unit (RTU), Human Machine Interface (HMI), advanced cyber security features, and non-operational data storage. By these functions, substation operators can reduce the cost of deployment and operation while increasing system reliability through a reduced number of devices in the system.
Introducing the all new GE G500 Multi-Function Controller
When you have systems that constant and precise monitoring, the G500 Multi-Function Controller (MFC) from General Electric is the best technology you can have. Designed to meet the needs of utilities and major industry, the G500 with hardened VDSL is a scalable solution that can be employed in a wide variety of situations.
With it, you can monitor up to 200,000 individual data points, which gives you access to control multiple systems from a single location. You can host SCADA, RTU, HMI and many other types of systems, without needing separate control stations. This will help to reduce operational costs while also making deployment much simpler.
Powerful Connectivity (including suitability to Hardened VDSL environments)
The G500 supports a huge range of contemporary and legacy interfaces, so almost any kind of equipment will be able to be connected to it. You will find all these hardware interfaces available:
- Serial RS-232/485 (8x RJ45 inputs on board, can be expanded via PCIe)
- Ethernet (6x ETH, with multiple configuration options)
- USB 3.0 (2x front)
- USB 2.0 (4x rear, 1x internal)
- Dedicated Type B USB interface for maintenance and debugging
- Dedicated Ethernet port for maintenance and debugging
The available connection interfaces can be expanded by adding PCIe expansion cards and/or the use of hub devices.
Built-In Security and Safety Features You Can Rely On
Being responsible for essential infrastructure is demanding, and you’ll want to have certain assurances that your monitoring and control equipment won’t let you down. With the G500 MFC, you have less things to worry about, because there are multiple levels of fail-safe technology to help you cope with just about any kind of disaster.
Some of the security and safety features you will find on the G500 MFC include:
- Linux Operating System (Predix Edge OS) for stability and security. Linux was developed from the beginning to be highly reliable, efficient, and secure. This OS is also very well known for its ability to remain stable in an always-on state.
- Self-encrypted SSD. Data read/write actions are performed many times faster than is the case with ordinary hard drives, and the encryption helps to secure the data.
- Dual power supply units that are hot-swappable, so in the event of either PSU failing, you can simply replace it without needing to shut off the system. Each PSU has its own individual removable Phoenix terminal block. The PSUs are able to cope with voltages as low as 20V and as high as 270V. Current can range from 10.2A to 1.8A without system failure.
- The G500 is designed to operate in extreme environments, tolerating temperatures ranging from -40°C to 70°C (dual-core) or -40°C to 60°C (quad-core). Humidity can range from 5 to 95%.
- Tamper-resistant and water-resistant outer casing. The G500 is not waterproof but is resistant to liquids splashing onto it from above. The casing also does not allow ingress of tools or wires with a diameter greater than 2.5mm. The casing is rated to IP30 standard.
Do You Need A Comprehensive and Reliable Process Bus Solution?
If you operate or oversee the power distribution needs of a large facility like a refinery, water treatment plant, mine or transportation hub, then you will need a management system that gives you complete control and peace of mind. To meet the electrical current needs of the modern world, smarter technology is constantly being developed to reduce the need for extensive manual labour and make our work environment not only safer but more reliable. At CSE Uniserve, you will find the world leading technology and equipment you need to reduce the risk of injury on site and accurately manage your power distribution. We supply, commission and maintain as well as provide training for some of the most advanced systems in use today to clients across all industries who perform under extremely demanding conditions. Since establishing the company forty years ago, we have become a leading name around the world in power engineering.
What Our Technology Can Do For You
We can provide your organisation with technology and equipment that:
- Simplifies engineering and operations through function consolidation
- Reduces system cost by eliminating dedicated HMI computers, external Ethernet switches and leveraging the built-in configurable PRP
- Optimises cybersecurity management with hardened Linux based OS and container technologies enabling modular updates instead of single image updates
- Improves cybersecurity protection with state-of-the-art Trusted Platform Module technologies for data encryption
- Improves time synchronisation performance with Precision Time Protocol
- Expands serial connectivity to up to twenty physical ports with the three PCIe expansion modules and up to one-hundred and twenty virtual ports
- Delivers cost-effective retrofit solutions where individual automation and communication components can be replaced by only one device
- Ease of use and configuration and standardization with graphical configurations, drop-down menus, preconfigured device maps, and single platform DS Agile Studio software
How We Manage Quality Control
There are four key management processes that govern our ability to deliver guaranteed quality:
- A formal process of review for all final deliverables produced by our project team
- Consistent application of project management processes and standards in tandem with regular reviews to ensure the proper application of techniques
- Provision of appropriately skilled professionals to support every project
- Ongoing development and continuous improvement of user-based skillsets through effective training
Talk To Us About IEC 61850
If you are looking for the very best industry training in IEC 61850 or you need to expand your operation with new power distribution management technology such as a process bus, then there is only one place you can look for the highest quality training and products. At CSE Uniserve, we have the experience, the technical expertise, the long service history and the esteemed client list that can guarantee peace of mind and full site safety with regards to power distribution. Get in touch with us today and you can talk through your future power needs with one of our dedicated client service team. Alternatively, you can arrange an appointment for a time that is convenient for you through our website. We promise you won’t regret it.
Getting the G500 MFC in Australia
The G500 Multi Function Controller is available from CSE Uniserve. You can reach us from anywhere in Australia on 1800 987 616. You are also welcome to contact us by email or letter. Our expert engineering consultants are ready to answer your questions, so get in touch today and let’s get things started.
CSE Uniserve is Australia’s leading supplier of electrical equipment & engineering services. We design our technology to assist industries in delivering successful project outcomes, such as our slip energy recovery system & variable speed drives. Visit our website or contact us for more information.