UR Switch Module:
In addition to providing high-speed connectivity directly to your Universal Relay, the UR Switch Module provides an additional 4 fiber Ethernet ports, for connection to other relays in the system as well as upstream connectivity. It also provides 2 RJ45 copper Ethernet ports which can be used to connect local devices such as PCs, meters, or virtually anything else in the system.
The UR Switch Module provides a simple way to add fully-managed Ethernet networking to your relays and devices without the need for additional hardware or a dedicated communications cabinet.
Interoperability with embedded IEC 61850
Use the G30 with integrated IEC 61850 to lower costs associated with generator protection, control and automation. GE’s leadership in
IEC 61850 comes from thousands of installed devices and follows on years of development experience with UCA 2.0.
The G30 has been designed for the protection, control, and management of small generators.
- Small to medium-sized generators typically driven be steam, gas or hydraulic turbines
- Distributed generation (DG) interconnect protection
- Combined generator and transformer in the zone of protection
- Pumped storage generators
- Complete IEC 61850 Process Bus solution providing resource optimization and minimizing total P & C life cycle costs
- Three independent 100Mbps Ethernet ports enable purpose specific LAN support that eliminates latency effect of heavy traffic protocols on mission critical communication services
- Embedded IEEE 1588 time synch protocol support eliminates dedicated IRIG-B wiring requirements for IEDs
- Direct I/O secures high-speed exchange of binary data between URs
- Increase network availability by reducing failover time to zero through IEC62439-3 “PRP” support
- Simplify set-up and configuration
- Simplify diagnostic retrieval
- Eliminate personnel in front of switchgear
- WPA-2 security
The G30 provides advanced communications technologies for remote data and engineering access, making it the easiest and most flexible generator protection relay to use and integrate into new and existing infrastructures. Direct support for fiber optic Ethernet provides high-bandwidth communications allowing for low-latency controls and high-speed file transfers of relay fault and event record information. The available three independent and redundant Ethernet options provide the means to create fault tolerant communication architectures in an easy, cost-effective manner.
The G30 supports the most popular industry standard protocols enabling easy, direct integration into DCS and SCADA systems.
- IEC 61850-9-2LE networked or IEC61850-9-2 Hardfiber process bus support
- DNP 3.0 (serial & TCP/IP)
- Ethernet Global Data (EGD)
- IEC 60870-5-103 and IEC 60870-5-104