The F35 feeder protection system provides feeder protection, control, monitoring and metering in an integrated, economical, and compact package. As part of the Universal Relay (UR) Family, the F35 provides cost-effective solutions and features high performance protection, expandable I/O options, integrated monitoring and metering, high-speed communications, and extensive programming and configuration capabilities. The F35 can be configured to protect up to six feeders or protect up to five feeders when bus voltage measurement is required. It also provides fast and deterministic execution of programmable logic necessary for substation automation applications. Graphical programming tools (Viewpoint Engineer), supported by a library of logic components, make the F35 simple to use and configure.
A sensitive wattmetric zero-sequence directional function can be used on isolated or resonant (Petersen coil) grounded, low-resistance grounded and solidly grounded systems to detect ground faults. This function determines the presence and direction of ground faults by measuring the value and direction of zero-sequence power. This flexible element responds to power derived from zero-sequence voltage and current in a direction specified by the element characteristic angle. Power can be selected as active, reactive, or apparent. Therefore, the element may be used to sense either forward or reverse ground.
The F35 has a wide range of protection elements that have many years of proven field experience.
- Instantaneous and time phase overcurrent protection
- Thermal overload, instantaneous and time ground/neutral overcurrent protection, wattmetric ground fault directional
- Neutral and auxiliary overvoltage
- Phase and auxiliary undervoltage
- Four-shot automatic reclosers for up to six breakers
- Built-in selector switch
- Primary protection and control for multiple distribution feeders
- Distribution load shedding schemes based on voltage and frequency elements
- Busblocking/interlocking schemes
- Throwover schemes (bus transfer scheme applications)
- Distributed generation (DG) interconnect protection, including active and passive anti-islanding
New & Enhanced Communications:
- New UR process bus modules supporting IEC61850-9-2LE Merging Units and IEC61850-9-2 Hardfiber
- Support switchable IEC 61850 Ed. 1 and Ed. 2 and redundant SNTP
- New UR front panel with integrated 7” color, graphical display – providing operators with enhanced situational awareness
- High density I/O module supporting up to 120 inputs or up to 72 contact outputs – eliminating the need for additional discrete devices
- Increases GOOSE message reception up to 64 remote devices
- R-GOOSE enables GOOSE messages going beyond the substation, which enables wide area protection and control applications
- IEC 61850 in line with Edition 2, IEC 61850 SCL file for all relay’s setting
- IRC module that combines C37.92 multimode and direct connection singlemode
- Three independent Ethernet ports
- Time synchronization via IEEE 1588
- PRP as per IEC 62439-3
- IEC 60870-5-103
Protection & Control:
- Expanded Bay Controller Capabilities – providing a one box solution (FW 7.6x)
- New thermal overload element (FW version 5.90)
- New broken conductor element
- Supports IEEE C37.111-1999/2013, IEC 60255-24 Ed 2.0 COMTRADE 2013 standard (FW v7.40)
- Configurable events allow for records of up to 45s at 64 samples per cycle
UR Switch Mode
In addition to providing high-speed connectivity directly to your Universal Relay, the UR Switch Module provides an additional 4 fiber Ethernet ports, for connection to other relays in the system as well as upstream connectivity. It also provides 2 RJ45 copper Ethernet ports which can be used to connect local devices such as PCs, meters, or virtually anything else in the system.
The UR Switch Module provides a simple way to add fully-managed Ethernet networking to your relays and devices without the need for additional hardware or a dedicated communications cabinet.
The UR Switch Module includes all of the management and features that come with all MultiLink managed switches, and can be easily integrated into a network that has other Ethernet switches.
When used in a ring topology with other UR Switch Modules or MultiLink Switches, the UR Switch Module can be configured to use MultiLink’s Smart RSTP feature to provide industry-leading network recovery for ring topologies, at a speed of less than 5ms per switch.
Interoperability with Enbedded IEC 61850
The F35’s IEC 61850 Process Bus module is designed to interface with the Multilin HardFiber System, allowing bi-directional IEC 61850 fiber optic communications. The HardFiber System is designed to integrate seamlessly with existing Universal Relay applications, including protection functions, FlexLogic, metering and communications.