- Current differential protection for up to 6 line or cable ends, maximising connection of renewable generation, reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Highly selective and sensitive unit protection, with capacitive current compensation for long lines or cables
- Ability to locally take any end off-line for maintenance
- Transmission and subtransmission: P54C and P54E use the same hardware as well-proven MiCOM Agile P543 and P545 models, offering scalability for large numbers of binary inputs/outputs
- Distribution: P54A and P54B offer compact feeder differential in a 40TE half-rack case
- Powerful graphical Programmable Scheme Logic (PSL) customise relay logic
- Real-time monitoring of remote, local and differential per-phase currents
- Oscillography – 48 samples/cycle, up to 10.5 seconds record length
- Event Recorder – 1024 time tagged events, time tagged to a resolution of 1 ms
Programmable Scheme Logic:
Powerful graphical logic allows the user to customise the protection and control functions (see Figure 10). The logic includes 32 timers, gates (OR, AND, MAJORITY) and set/reset latch functions, with the ability to invert the inputs and outputs and provide feedback.
The system is optimised to ensure that the protection outputs are not delayed by PSL operation. The programmable scheme logic is configured using the graphical S1 Agile software. The relay outputs may be configured as latching (lockout) or self-reset. All aspects of MiCOM P40 IED configuration are managed using the S1 Agile software.