- Universal IRIG-B – Modulated and demodulated supported in the same model
- HSR Ring – Extended to 50 node support for larger substation architectures
- Fast performance, particularly in onerous applications such as where process bus GOOSE is used for tripping purposes
- Enhanced Ethernet board module with switchable Ethernet redundancy delivered in a single model.
It supports PRP, HSR and RSTP in one model, allowing a single P40 model to be used in any application requiring redundant Ethernet communications. The new module is designed to handle high density traffic in the IEC 61850-8-1 network, with time latency halved. Larger architecture digital substations can also be supported, with up to 50 nodes now possible in HSR rings.
- Highly selective unit protection
- Cost effective alternative to current differential
- The signaling medium is the power line itself – fully within the maintenance and operational control of the utility, no external communications dependence
- Advanced charging current compensation and angle-shifting to avoid corona issues – design features to target long-line transmission applications
- Adaptive mixing of sequence components boosts earth fault sensitivity without compromising detection of phase-phase and three-phase faults