Transmission and distribution systems are essential for the safe, sure routing of power from generation sources to consumers. However, exposed overhead lines transporting power are by nature sometimes vulnerable and prone to fault. In the case of a faulty circuit, the Agile range provides speedy protection to trip and isolate it, thereby preventing further damage.
Each relay model contains multiple main protection elements: distance, delta directional comparison protection and directional earth/ground fault unit protection (DEF). This permits simplified application and spares holdings, because the relay can be adopted as the standard protection platform.
The MiCOMho Agile P443 and P445 are suitable for feeders controlled by a single circuit breaker.
The MiCOMho Agile P446 is suitable for complex installations where feeders are controlled by two circuit breakers such as ring bus/mesh corner formations and the breaker-and-a-half configurations.
- P443 and P446: Sub-cycle fault clearance from 0.7 to 1 cycle
- Simple set mode: The relay determines its own settings from protected line data
- Power swing blocking without the need for setting
- Integral teleprotection via a MODEM, fiber or MUX channel
- Fast CB failure resetting (<3/4 cycle)
- Phase-preference tripping for cross-country earth faults in Petersen/isolated systems (P443 version 78)