The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 is a mobile wireless router with 4G LTE connectivity and automatic fallback to 3G UMTS or EVDO cellular networks.
Thanks to its high bandwidths and performance capabilities the RUGGEDCOM RM1224 wireless router can be deployed in a diverse range of applications: from the integration of remote substations and feeder devices to rail wayside applications and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), as well as remote video surveillance.
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 router comes with an integrated 4 port switch, which can be used to connect up to four Ethernet devices. In addition it comes with two antenna connections, making it possible for operators to use multiple receive and transmit paths (antenna diversity) and thus increase both signal quality and bandwidth. The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 has digital IO (one input and one output) for applications like setting up secured VPN connections upon user button push. Furthermore, the device is equipped with its own redundant power supply for bridging short-term power failures.
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 is characterized by a compact housing, which means that it’s ideal in control cabinets with limited space available.
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 offers downlink speeds of up to 100 Mbit/s and uplink speeds of up to 50 Mbit/s via LTE. When there is no LTE available, it supports HSPA+ (Evolved High Speed Packet Access) and EVDO (Evolution Data Optimized), depending on the available mobile service provider infrastructure. This 3G mode enables high transmission rates to end devices (downlink) of up to 14.4 Mbit/s and back to the telecommunications network (uplink) of up to 5.76 Mbit/s.
- 2 SMA ports for Wireless WAN Interface (4G/3G/2G) with uplink speeds up to 100 Mbit/s
- 4 x 10/100 Mbits/s ports (10/100TX)
- C-/KEY-PLUG Slot for configuration storage
- Digital Input and Digital Output
- Integrated 24 VDC power supply
- -40 °C to +75 °C operating temperature (no fans)
- CSA/UL 60950 safety approved to +70 °C
- ATEX and FM for hazardous locations
- Web-based and Command Line Interface (CLI) management interfaces
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3
- Remote Syslog
- Rich set of diagnostics with logging and alarms
- Software features:
- NAT/NAPT (Network Address and Port Translation)
- Integrated DHCP Server
Cyber security features:
- VPN – OpenVPN and IPSec IPSEC for reliable authentication (identification) of the network stations, data encryption and verification of data integrity
- Stateful Inspection Firewall: Filters data packets and disables or enables communication links in accordance with the filter list.
- SSH / SSL – extends capability of password protection to add encryption of passwords and data as they cross the network
- Enable / disable ports – capability to disable ports so unauthorized devices can’t connect to unused ports
- 802.1Q VLAN – provides the ability to logically segregate traffic between predefined ports on switches
- SNMPv3 – encrypted authentication and access security for secure access via Network Management Systems
- HTTPS – for secure access to the web interface