- New UR process bus modules supporting IEC61850-9-2LE Merging Units and IEC61850-9-2 Hardfiber
- Support switchable IEC 61850 Ed. 1 and Ed. 2 and redundant SNTP
- New UR front panel with integrated 7” color, graphical display – providing operators with enhanced situational awareness
- High density I/O module supporting up to 120 inputs or up to 72 contact outputs – eliminating the need for additional discrete devices
- Routable GOOSE (R-GOOSE) enables GOOSE messages going beyond the substation, which enables wide area protection and control applications
- Increases GOOSE message reception up to 64 remote devices
- IEC 61850 in line with Edition 2, IEC 61850 SCL file for all relay’s setting
- IRC module that combines C37.92 multimode and direct connection singlemode
- Three independent Ethernet ports
- Time synchronization via IEEE 1588
- PRP as per IEC 62439-3
- IEC 60870-5-103
UR Switch Module:
In addition to providing high-speed connectivity directly to your Universal Relay, the UR Switch Module provides an additional 4 fiber Ethernet ports, for connection to other relays in the system as well as upstream connectivity. It also provides 2 RJ45 copper Ethernet ports which can be used to connect local devices such as PCs, meters, or virtually anything else in the system.
The UR Switch Module provides a simple way to add fully-managed Ethernet networking to your relays and devices without the need for additional hardware or a dedicated communications cabinet and includes all of the management and features that come with all MultiLink managed switches which can be easily integrated into a network that has other Ethernet switches.
When used in a ring topology with other UR Switch Modules or MultiLink Switches, the UR Switch Module can be configured to use MultiLink’s Smart RSTP feature to provide industry-leading network recovery for ring topologies, at a speed of less than 5ms per switch.
Interoperability with Embedded IEC 61850
Use the T60 with integrated IEC 61850 to lower costs associated with generator protection, control and automation. GE’s leadership in IEC 61850 comes from thousands of installed devices and follows on years of development experience with UCA 2.0. The T60’s IEC 61850 Process Bus module is designed to interface with the Multilin HardFiber System, allowing bi-directional IEC 61850 fiber optic communications. The HardFiber System is designed to integrate seamlessly with existing Universal Relay applications, including protection functions, FlexLogic, metering and communications.