GE has now announced some significant enhancements to the P40 Agile P14DL range of feeder protection and control relays, including support for IEC 61850 Edition 2.
The P14DL offers advanced directional feeder protection including autoreclose, fault locator, control and monitoring for both utility and industrial markets. This latest release (Version 70) for the current P40 Agile hardware, covers the MIDOS case 20 (4 inch), 30 (6 inch) and 40TE (8 inch) models. The medium and larger case sizes support Ethernet options, now with support for IEC 61850 Ed. 2 and with IEC 60870-5-103 or Courier/K-Bus protocols available for concurrent serial connections.
P40 Agile is homologated with major global utilities and with this release the P40 Agile family continues at the forefront of distribution applications, worldwide.
The current P40 Agile is positioned as the scalable feeder relay, supporting a variety of case sizes to allow retrofitting without changing the panel cut-outs or the scheme design. The look and feel and S1 Agile toolsuite support make it a particularly attractive proposition to be used alongside MiCOM P40 in the same substation.
Other features include:
- IEC 61850 Edition 2 – with support for test modes for online testing.
- DNV (KEMA) level B certification for IEC 61850 Edition 2.
- Editable logical nodes/devices – customize the IEC 61850 modelling, maximum interoperability.
- Fault record values available in IEC 61850.
- Single Ethernet, PRP and HSR redundancy available.
- Perfect for refurbishment and new build applications.
- Certified for feeder and high impedance busbar applications.
- Support for multiple industry standard communication protocols including IEC 61850
- Compact, withdrawable design with 4”, 6”, and 8” case sizes for reduced space applications
- A draw-out design and multiple case sizes
- Graphical logic engine,
- Sensitivity and flexibility of protection,
- Significant recording capabilities and hardware standards compliance continue to allow P40 Agile to differentiate in the market.