The Multilin 889 delivers the highest level of quality, reliability and performance with:
- Enhanced generator protection algorithms provide sub-cycle differential protection, ensuring faster fault clearing times for reduced generator damage
- Dedicated generator monitoring and control functions providing mission critical operational data to enable a pro-active maintenance approach
- Additional overall generator-transformer differential (87O) providing additional back-up protection
- Advanced differential protection for both generator and in-zone transformer
- Industry standard cyber security tools such as AAA, Radius, RBAC and Syslog enabling NERC/CIP requirements
- Draw-out design simplifies testing and increases process up time
- Optional Wi-Fi minimizes system configuration and facilitates safe relay programming and diagnostic retrieval
To simplify the migration and upgrade from an existing SR 489 protection relays, retrofit kits have been developed which significantly simplify the upgrade process.
The 889 has been designed for the protection, control, and management of generators and associated unit transformers in critical utility and industrial applications.
- Comprehensive protection from small to large generators
- Industrial or utility power generation
- Co-generation and renewable generation applications
- Unit Transformer Protection applications